He was such a great man

I lost my grandpa on Thursday.
He passed away.
We don't really know what happened.
He fell in the bathroom at his home.
My Grandma found him laying unconcious.
Called 911.
Rushed the the hospital in an ambulance.
They did everything they could, but he was gone before they even left the house.

Hes gone.  Hes in such a better place.  He is my angel now.

He was such an amazing man.

He raised 3 amazing children.
Such a wonderful family I am so blessed to be a part of.
It became so clear to me as I sat at my Uncle's house on Friday evening.
My Uncle was carrying on as my Grandpa used to do.
Telling story after story, with my Aunt (his wife) making fun and flapping her hand as if it was his mouth.
Dads blank stare as he is in deep thought.
Grandma completely lost in her confusion.

You can see so much of Grandpa in Uncle Dave and Dad.
Even in Evan, my cousin.
It is truly amazing.

As horrible as it was and is to lose him, it was so great to see our family come together in support of one another.
At the church for the funeral, we all smashed into the front two pews.
First pew being Grandma and her children, second being all the grandchildren.
We are such a STRONG family.

I did this reading at the funeral.....following my Uncle Dan's eulogy....one of the toughest|bravest things I have had to do in my life thusfar....

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

This is the first Grandparent that I have lost.
They say the strongest go first.
I will always have fond memories of this amazing man.
It will be so easy to remember him because of the wonderful family he created.

0 comments:

Post a Comment