so thankful....

My emotions have been all over the place recently with the passing of my Grandfather.  I came upon Curious Georgi's blog and was inspired to follow along and do a top 10 list of things I am thankful for to try and kick my blues and gear me up for the amazing festivities that are happening starting today.

Thankful Thursday

1. My Husband.  Without Alan, I can honestly say I have no idea where I would be in this life.  He keeps me grounded.  He keeps me believing in all that is great in our life.  I'm sure I could eventually figure out how to handle it on my own, but it would never be the same.  He is such an amazing partner and best friend and I couldn't ask for anyone better to spend the rest of my life with. 

2. My Family.  I have such an crazy, insane family.  But, we work.  No matter what, I know I can always call my sisters, my brother-in-law, my Dad, Aunt, Uncle, cousins, Grandma, etc and they will be there to support me in the blink of an eye.  Same goes for Alan's family.  Hell, same goes for my brother-in-laws family.  They would do anything for me.  It is truly amazing and I am so blessed to have each and everyone of them in my life.

3. My Friends.  I am not the type of person to have a million friends.  Not even a hundred.  Just a few will do me good.  I would do anything in the world for them, and they the same for me.  I am so thankful for each and everyone of them and the little tiny things they do to brighten my life.

4. Cooper!  I never, in my life, thought you could love an animal so insanely much!  He is the total definition of complete unconditional love (besides my husband!)  He always knows when I've had a rough day and need extra attention or extra cuddles. 

5. Home.  We were so blessed to be able to build a brand new home this year.  We finally made the decision to stay in Canton, move out of my dad's house and get our own place.  We began looking at used homes, and couldn't find what we were looking for in our price range.  We went through a model home for fun, and found that it actually fit our budget very well.  I feel so blessed that it all has worked out and we have such a lovely place that we can call home.  Especially in this freezing cold weather when people do not have a roof over their heads.

6. Health.  I am so incredibly thankful for my health.  I never take it for granted anymore.  Back in March 2002 I had a huge scare and *almost* died.  I had a blood clot in my brain and my body completely shut down.  I was saved by the amazing medical doctors at Cleveland Clinic.  Mostly by a lot of faith, hope and prayer.  Every second of every day I remember that I could not be alive at this moment. 

7. 2010.  It was a year of HUGE personal growth.  I started seeing a therapist.  I lost 53 pounds.  I quit resigned from my job.  I began a new career.  I no longer let my mother have control over my life or happiness.  I don't speak to any of my mom's side of the family any longer.  I truly live my life every day.  I see and experience things like never before.  live. laugh. love.

8. Faith.  I grew up in the Lutheran Church.  I was forced to go, had no choice in the matter.  This lead to me not wanting to be there.  I took quite a long break from any type of church because I felt like I didn't belong.  I felt like I didn't fit in.  Felt judged.  Alan and I joined a LifeGroup this fall and the experience has been amazing.  While my personality doesn't exactly mesh with a person in the group, overall, its been great.  It is leading to me wanting to get back into church and feeling the need to get closer with God.  Especially after losing my Grandpa.  I've always been a believer, just doubted the way people acted.  I think I just need a different place to worship.  I am so thankful for the amazing friends I have made in this group and thankful that I have a faith to believe in.

9. My Career. The city in which I work (Akron, OH) was named the #1 worst place in the US to find a job.  I am so thankful that I have a job, let alone recently was hired into an amazing new job!  I am still learning and growing, but 2011 is going to be amazing for me at work!

10. The Little Things. Starbucks Mistos. Diet Coke. Lattes. iPods. music. palm trees. books. lotion. flip flops. cruises. vacation. beaches.  I am thankful that I can afford to have the little things in life that do make me happy.  I know they aren't necessary and I really do try to limit the amount I spend on them.



2 comments:

Kat said...

I love Thankful Thursdays and this is a fabulous list. Much to be thankful for, indeed!
I am very sorry to hear about your grandpa. I lost my dad last year, so I know how hard it is. Prayers for you.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Candra Georgi said...

thanks for participating! i read all and was inspired. i especially love your "little things" very nice end!

Post a Comment